Basic Food Photography Workshop
Instructor: Mitch Mauricio
Dates: November 10, 2012
Time: 10:00AM to 5:00PM
A fun one-day basic workshop for anyone interested in photographing food such as bloggers, chefs, food lovers, or anyone who wants to start shooting food professionally. This class will teach you how to creatively shoot delicious food images using available light. Learn the basic rules on working with food, simple lighting techniques, and experience hands-on shooting.
- Understanding what makes a good food photograph (light qualities, composition, bringing out the best in a dish)
- Making natural light work for you: how to diffuse, modify, and supplement light
- Importance of white balance (no more too-yellow photos)
- Knowing the different camera angles and perspectives
- Using props to communicate a story
- Basic editing to enhance food images
- Basic photography and knowledge of camera’s Manual mode
- DSLR camera or point-and-shoot camera with manual settings
- Laptop with Adobe Photoshop software
Fee: P3,000 inclusive of some gear use, handouts, snacks and certificate.
Early Bird Rate (Before October 27): P500 off the regular rate! = P2,500 only!
Camera Cart Members:P500 off the regular rate! = P2,500 only!
Bring a Friend: Get 20% off the regular rate! = P2,400 only!
**The discounts cannot be doubled up. Only one kind of discount will be given for each workshop.
Reservation: To reserve a slot, please contact 0928-7101211 or 0918-9171063. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Instructor
Mitch Mauricio is a freelance photographer shooting for various clients such as Rustans, Shopwise, and Yellow Cab. Mitch’s works has appeared in Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, and Metro, amongst others.